Coming Up With Unique Compare And Contrast Essay Ideas
A compare and contrast essay is your chance to impress both your teachers and peers. These papers can be really fun to write if you choose some interesting topic. Don’t worry even if you aren’t a very imaginative person. There are ways to come up with great ideas that you can try for when working on this project. The best of them are:
- Brainstorming sessions with friends.
- Searching for suggestions online.
- Following the news.
This is probably the best and definitely the most fun method you can use. Using your friends as sounding boards for your ideas is always a good choice because they will provide fair criticism and be honest with you.
If, for some reason, you cannot get your friends together for a brainstorming session, you can try to do something similar online. Ask for help at some popular online forum or through the social networks. You will definitely get quite a few suggestions. The best thing about this method is the fact that you will be able to reach many different people, so the ideas they offer will be most interesting and definitely not something you can come up with on your own.
Watch the news, read popular blogs and publications, follow relevant accounts at social networks, and generally stay informed of the most recent developments in the fields that you are most interested in. Remember that whatever topic you choose, it must be relevant. It’s easy to find some obscure subject to write a unique paper about, but this will not add to your grade. Therefore, it’s imperative that you stay informed of the news and use them as a guide when choosing the topic for your essay.
Here are a few suggestions for interesting compare and contrast essays you can use:
- Similarities between being a president and a hobo.
- From flowers to weeds: when does one become another?
- Dressing up for Halloween and prom: differences and similarities.
- The decisions made by Ted Riding Hood compared to the decisions made by Goldilocks.
- Android and iOS: which one is better?
- Influence of celebrities and parental influence on a child’s character development.
- Are reality TV shows real when compared to reality?
- The differences between the role of a female and male best friends in your life.
- Waitresses and flight attendants: are these professions similar?
- Dog life compared to cat life: who gets it worse?
- Being grounded and being imprisoned: where is the difference?
- Which is more beautiful: physical beauty or inner beauty?